FundraisingA school's fundraising efforts to help with the costs of a Prom are very important and can be very effective-- use fundraising proceeds to lower the cost of the Prom ticket. Have you considered splitting the profits of an after school dance with the Prom Committee? How about a school-wide magazine fundraiser? or school calendar sale featuring sports and performing arts groups and individuals.
Have you heard the latest news? Green Fundraising via the internet. Check this out-- Schools and non-profit agencies just fill out the online application form. The Green Fundraising web site list your school as a donor recipient and people can designate your school to receive funds. (Google "Green Fundraising for more info) Sit down and get creative because whatever you can do to make the Prom event more accessible to more students, the bigger success it will be!
- Determine the cost by calculating the following
- Dinner Expenses Per Person
- Security Personnel
- DJ, Music
- Additional Items (coat-check, flowers, parking, souvenirs)
Calculating the price of the Prom ticket is a matter of
dividing the total of all expenses by the number of
couples estimated to attend.
For example, consider the following expenses for an
estimated attendance of 600 people (300 couples):
- Dinner Per Person . . $ 49.95 x 2 = $ 99.90
- Decorations . . . . . . . 600.00/300 = 2.00
- DJ, Music . . . . . . . . 675.00/300 = 2.25
- Security . . . . . . . . . . 525.00/300 = 1.75
- Additional Items . . . 630.00/300 = 2.10
- TOTAL . . . . . . . . . . = $108.00/per couple